Monday, March 14, 2011

Awww .... It's a Luvy Bug

Happy Monday!  

I must say, that I am slowly, but surely picking up steam.  Between yesterday and today I made around 75 bows and lined about 250 clippies.  I have found the love for my ribbon again. It is funny how, when we encounter a rough patch, we neglect the things we love and love to do.  It is late, so I will dive right in.
I found it fitting that today's boutique is Luvy Bug Designs owned by Jessica Johnson.  On her site the first things you encounter are super bright colors, you can't help but smile!  I was intrigued to see there that, in a previous life, she was a paralegal and then decided to be a "domestic engineer" ... I prefer goddess ;)  All joking, Jessica is another prime example of all of the incredible moms that run a successful business while staying home with their children.  

Luvy Bug Designs is more than just an accessories shop!  They have the coolest wall appliqués!  I love these things!  I had two in my last home and will certainly be turning to Jessica and Luvy Bug for some in the near future.  Jessica stocks other unique items such as magnetic book marks and first aid kits that are too cute along with her hair accessories line of headbands, bows and clippies.


Here is what Jessica had to say about Luvy Bug Designs.


Why did you start crafting?  
I started crafting because we rent our home but I still wanted something fun for my daughter's room, that wasn't super girly but wasn't little boy, either. Since I couldn't paint I started making wall decor, hers are cute little bugs and frogs. From there I expanded into simple bow holders, one of my vinyl designs with a yard of ribbon, then iron on appliques and then fabric flowers/puffs on headbands and then the craziness and fun that is LuvyBug Designs.


What is your favorite thing to make? 
My favorite thing is still the vinyl wall decals, especially custom orders since it allows me to move beyond my usual. I did a fun peace sign order, in different colors and sizes for a tween girl's bedroom and a Mickey Mouse for a toddler boy room.


What inspires you?
I'm inspired by my daughter. It sounds silly, but she and I do a lot of looking online together and, I'm a little ashamed to admit it, but my two year old has picked out many of the designs for my spring hair line. Her choices seem to sell better than mine. Who knew that the feathers would be a flop, but the skulls would fly out the door? I mean, who, other than my two year old? I often do things I like and hope others will like as well.


One thing that I did not expect to gain on this journey was a collection of women who are knowledgeable, supportive, talented and inspiring.  Jessica is all of these and so much more.  During her interview for this cameo, she gave me the most eloquently versed thank you for my husbands service that I have ever received and those words will always ring special.  If you are looking for someone who has excellent principles and quality craft-wo-manship  (ha .. you like that?) then Jessica is the lady for you.


Jessica, thank you for letting me share your shop and your story.  It was truly my honor!


GO, NOW and check her out online at:
www.luvybugdesigs.com
www.facebook.com/luvybugdesigns


And please, tell her I sent you.


Goodnight everybody! 

1 comment:

  1. Awww, thank you so much for the kind words. I meant every word of my thank you for what you, your little girl and husband are doing. I can't say thank you enough, or in enough ways to truly ever convey how much I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete